Friday, September 20, 2013

PAINTING#2












I had a bit of a shock looking at the date at the bottom of these studies, as they were made twelve years ago and I found myself thinking that I would probably be incapable of doing this kind of work anymore. I've spent so many years concentrating on animation that my understanding of painting has most likely dissolved...
In any case, I decided one day to copy movie stills from the 4th Alien movie, mostly as studies of expressions, but eventually I think I enjoyed the idea of making a series and ended up doing six, one for each member of the crew.
Somehow by the time it came to Ripley though, I had gotten sick of the whole thing and never got around to do it... I was young then and didn't finish what I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment