Saturday, October 19, 2013

Diana Vreeland-The eye has to travel

 A few years back in 2010 I think, I was approached by the director of a documentary who was hoping to get some animation done of her subject, famous 60's fashion editor Diana Vreeland.
I volunteered to do a short test, to give her a tatse of what it could be, but even though I had a bit of fun creating a caricature of a character (who is arguably almost a caricature herself) we didn't get much further beyond that.
It was shortly after the illusionist, as you can see by the design choices I made, but in my defence, I got in contact with that lady thanks to my work on Chomet's film so...
Anyway, I finally got to see the film on TV this week and couldn't help but notice that except for a short bit at the end, There is virtually no animation in the finished product, probably because of the costly and time consuming nature of the medium.
having said that, I must say that it is worth a watch, even for someone who's not naturally enthusiastic about fashion...

No comments:

Post a Comment